1. Regulation ping pong balls are made from celluloid or similar plastic, they measure 40 millimeters in diameter, weigh 2.7 grams, and are white or orange in color.
2. Ping pong balls carry a star rating of one, two, or three stars, with one being the lowest quality and three being the highest. Seam quality, roundness, and consistency determine a ping pong ball's star rating.
3. Paying a little more for two- or three-star table tennis balls will greatly reduce erratic bounces and ensure true, consistent flight.
4. Speed glue is glue that can be applied to the sponge side of the rubber layer for enhanced feel and increased speed and spin. This is a must for serious players.
5. Rubber preservatives are an alternative to speed glue that function in much the same way. The ITTF has moved to outlaw speed glue in competitive play, so look for these preservatives to be the next big thing in table tennis.
6. Ping pong rubber cleaners and varnishes are a wise investment that, with regular application, will protect your ping pong blades against normal wear and tear.
7. We recommend using special table tennis table cleaner for maintaining your ping pong table. This will preserve the finish and prolong the life of your investment. Other table tennis acessories include a table tennis covers, table tennis nets, and ping pong robots.